Saturday, March 1, 2008

How far does Frankie see?

I have been doing a lot of thinking about how far Frankie sees, compared to other children his age. His vision is improving, but I am still not sure how far he can see. If he sits on the couch, which is about 8-10 feet from the TV, he does not see the TV well. He will get up and sit on the ottoman that is right in front of it. So I am pretty sure he does not see that far, clearly.
He is able to chase a ball across the room and find it, but he can probably do that without the ball looking perfectly clear. So I am trying to figure this out, I really want to know "how" Frankie sees, but I guess I will know more as he gets older and can tell me!
It is interesting, too, because I find myself thinking that other babies cannot see me from across the table. When Frankie was a baby, he definetely could not see us if we were not right next to him, and even then, I'm not sure.
But other babies, say 5 months or so, can see me across the table. I find myself smiling at them, thinking that they will not see me, and then realizing that they do, because they smile! It is just interesting to see how we bring our experiences with us and they impact future situations.

No comments: