Sunday, March 9, 2008

Class update

I am taking a class, Inclusion and Mainstreaming" with U of Phoenix, as I mentioned in a previous post. I am really enjoying it, and we get to chat with the other classmates on the message forums. I taught first grade for a few years out of college, before my 6 year old Lizzy was born. But I feel as if I don't have as many classroom examples to give when "chatting". So I find myself talking more and more about Frankie. : ) I am nervous already for when he goes to preschool, so talking about it always helps!
Speaking of "chatting", I finally joined the NOAH Albinism Online Community. I love chatting with the other moms on the "parents of children with albinism forum". It's funny, because I think I came across the AOC when Frankie was first diagnosed and I was researching albinism and NOAH. But at that time I really had no desire to talk with others. It would have only made me sadder, if that makes any sense?
Back to the class, I am doing my final paper on aspects of inclusion for visually impaired children. So I am excited to do more research and I will post a bit of it too. : )

No comments: