Sunday, March 2, 2008

Inclusion and Mainstreaming Course

I am starting a class on Tuesday, "Inclusion and Mainstreaming", online, with The University of Phoenix. It is my second class with them, I did another about early childhood special needs. It is so interesting to take these classes now in light of Frankie's low-vision, so I will keep you updated on the class throughout the next 3 weeks. Frankie will start preschool in the fall of 2009, so I have been thinking about inclusion and how he will get the best learning environment.
I also took a class this past fall with the Northeast Regional Center for Vision Education, part of UMASS Boston. The class was Visual Functioning, it included in-depth learning about the anatomy of the eye and it's functions and what can go wrong. I was fascinated, even though it was a lot of work and studying!

No comments: