Monday, March 24, 2008

Perkins Panda

On Christmas Eve, a box arrived from Perkins School for the Blind. I was curious as to what it was. It was a Perkins Panda kit, complete with early literacy and braille books, activities and toys! It contains Perkins Panda himself, a large stuffed bear, 3 books with print, Braille and tactile parts to feel, 3 cassettes and 3 activity guides. The stories are really cute and fun to read; "Belly Button", "Going, Going, Going", and "Perkins Goes Out". The cassettes have songs and extension activities. The activity guides have activities for singing, everyday experiences, playtime and story time. There is also a story box with manipulatives that go with the stories. Frankie loves playing with these; cups, plates and a picnic blanket. He likes Perkins the bear too, we need to do more with the books and tapes. I will report back when we do.
On another note, I finished my class today! It was great, I will write more another night and add more resources I found!

No comments: