Friday, January 11, 2008

Perkins

Perkins School for the Blind has been incredible! Frankie receives EI services and a teacher of the visually impaired (TVI) comes to our house once a month to work with him. She brings great tools that are especially for vision impaired children. He has a peg board that is blue with neon yellow pegs, that she brought. The contrast is great for him, he can get he pegs into the holes pretty well. My daughter, Lizzy, and I clap for him when he gets them in. One day he took the knob at the end of her bed off and then put it back in and then clapped for himself! It was cute, and funny!
We also did an albinism class at Perkins last spring. All the people attending had children with albinism! The parents met together to talk and learn, while the children engaged in activities with teachers downstairs. It was so great to meet other moms with children with albinism and know I was not alone! Or how I was feeling was not just me. I learned so much and made great friends!

No comments: