Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thank you, Rick!

I did get to see Rick Guidotti last week at Perkins. So inspiring how he goes around the world promoting difference as beautiful!

Thank you Rick for seeing the beauty in everyone! For being so full of energy, enthusiasm and
kindness. Your warmth and love towards others is apparent immediately and lights up a room. As soon as we saw you last week, you immediately remembered us and talked to Frankie. We need more people in the world like you and working as hard as you do to promote goodness and harmony among so many different people. Thank you!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Susan,
I just came across your blog - I noticed the url in your e-mail signature. Your story is totally inspiring and your writing style is easy to read, yet thoughtful and deep too. I think you'd write a great book... maybe one that we could read at book club some day!
I always thought that there was a reason you and John had a child with albinism - because you are exactly the kind of thoughtful, patient, loving parents that a child like Frankie needs. It's very inspiring to read how you not only got used to his albinism but have turned it into such a positive thing in your lives and have grown as a person from it.

I'm glad to know you - and glad that you do such a fantastic job of organizing all of the local playgroups, bookclubs, newcomers' club, etc.!

Suzanne Cogan

Susan said...

Thank you, Suzanne!
Your words are so kind and they really mean a lot to me.
Thank you for your friendship.
Maybe I'll write that book some day. : )
Susan