Monday, June 30, 2008

Frankie's School

Starting at the beginning of June, Frankie's EI class is a drop off one. I stay for the first half hour, and then go to a parent group for the next hour and a half. He loves his "school". He gets a little upset sometimes when I leave, but is distracted as soon as I go. This morning when I mentioned he was going, he said, "Bye, bye, Mama"! He is getting so big!
The teacher says he does great and transitions well too. He knows the routine and will know what is coming next and what to do. Today they played in the water table with bubbles and painted cardboard firecrackers for the 4th.
It is exciting to see him doing so well. When I returned today, he was sitting their painting with his smock, too cute!
The parent group is a little long. It is not as informative for me as the Perkins group, because the moms have children with all different issues. So it is not specific to vision and albinism, as Perkins is. We talk about more general parenting issues.
It is fun to see him going to school, but a little sad that he is big enough to go to school!

No comments: