Saturday, May 3, 2008

Walk of FAME

Today's post doesn't focus quite so much on the kids, but on me. We had a busy day today; little league parade, little league practice, a baby shower, birthday party, errands, etc, plus fitting in Frankie's nap and wrapping his presents for his birthday tomorrow! : )
So now I am feeling very tired, worn out, and a little crabby, not to mention my headache. When too much is going on or there is a lot of stress, my body reacts negatively. For a while I thought it was just normal stress, but after Lizzy was born, I started experiencing fatigue every day, pains in my legs and terrible headaches. I was finally, after many months diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The National Fibromyalgia Association describes it: "Fibromyalgia (FM) is a chronic pain disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal aches, pain and stiffness, soft tissue tenderness, general fatigue, and sleep disturbances.
I go through good periods and others where it flares up, sometimes for no reason. Today just got me to thinking about it and I also registered to support the NFA's first annual Walk of FAME, being held in CA on May 10, 2008. Today also reminded me that is it OK to take breaks for myself and make sure I get enough exercise, rest, etc.
I am excited about tomorrow, Frankie's birthday and our trip to the aquarium!

No comments: