Thursday, April 3, 2008

Positive Exposure

I am getting excited because in about 4 weeks, Frankie and I are going to start an albinism group at Perkins School for the Blind. It meets for 6 Wednesday mornings, last year I loved it! The children are cared for downstairs by wonderful teachers and the parents get to meet upstairs; chat, listen to speakers, ask questions, etc.
One of the speakers who came last year was Rick Guidotti of Positive Exposure. He travels around the world photographing people with differences and showing their beauty. He is an advocate for people with so many different genetic conditions, one of which is albinism. He showed us videos from all over the world of people with albinism. It was so interesting and he is just the kindest person, so funny too. : )
I hope Rick comes again to this year's albinism group! He is receiving a humanitarian award in NYC on May 15, 2008. My parents plan to attend, so I will report back.

No comments: