Friday, February 4, 2011

Transition to Kindergarten!!

We had Frankie's annual EIP meeting last week, and the transition to kindergarten part, as well! First, I have to say I cannot believe he will be starting kindergarten in the fall!! How fast time goes and I feel sad that my "baby" will be in school all day, and riding the bus. : )

The meeting went quite well! He will continue with his TVI services and O&M. He will be using his cane more, to and from the bus, which makes me a little sad. He will also get a special ed. teacher in his classroom a few times a week to help him in the class, which I was happy about.

There will also be services in place to keep him safe. He will have someone helping on and off the bus, navigating the halls, lunch and recess.

So it feels good to have the services in place, but bittersweet that he needs them at all!

No comments: