Monday, February 14, 2011

Miss you, Pa!

My grandpa died on Sunday morning, at his house, in his own bed. He had been in hospice, but he had just came home on Wednesday, and was so happy to be home. I am glad he got to be at home and now is "home" with Grandma. I miss them both so much.

Pa was always dressing up in funny get-ups to make us all laugh. I remember him dressing up in bicycle shorts, and us all laughing at his skinny legs. : ) Or himdoing funny dances with us, playing his harmonica. He also was a great violin player and I loved to hear him play that. We are going to use Lizzy toy violin in his casket, she was happy to give it.

I feel blessed that I had so many years to spend with Pa and Grandma; and they were such a big part of my life and got to know my kids! I will miss them always, I do have so many happy memories!

No comments: