Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blood Clot - Yuck

Last week I got a blood clot in my right calf. I had one right after Lizzy was born so I knew the signs and I went in early. They did the ultrasound to confirm. Frankie was with me, but he loved seeing the pictures of my leg on the computer and was asking that they turn it so he could see. : )

So I am on coumadin and lovanox shots, ouch! Every morning and every evening another shot in the leg, I alternate. I just can't do it in the tummy, even though I did when I was pregnant with Frankie. I did one in the tummy this time and have a green, blue, purple yellow bruise the size of a walnut; have a hard time looking at it!

So I am slowly recovering, just amazed how everything hurts!! And I am so tired and out of it! Just making dinner is an effort and I need to sit down in between each step of preparing it! I sleep and sleep and wake up exausted and aching! But at least I caught it early and I am at home, not in the hospital! Oh and I can't remember anything!

Eventually things will get easier. And making dinner will even be easy again. I guess for now it is make easy meals and rest as much as I can.

But I am going to make a happy list: (My mom said she started this yesterday)

- A good brownie meeting with Lizzy's troop
- Going to see the sheep at the church down the street in the pretty snow
- A warm house and hearing my heat come on
- Lizzy getting to be Elizabeth and an angel in the church Christmas Pageant
- Frankie loving his ice skating lessons

No comments: