Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grandma, I Miss You

I was able to make it down to the wake and funeral for my Grandma. It was comforting to be with family and see so many relatives and friends who came. Of course it was comforting to be with my mom.
My grandma still looked so beautiful, she was wearing the pink dress she wore to my wedding, surrounded by pink flowers. The service for her was so beautiful too. My mom and I each did a Bible reading. A lady my mom knows sang, "It is Well with My Soul" and "I Can Only Imagine". I spoke a few words about my grandma too, just spur of the moment. I talked about how she was a rare person who was always kind and gentle. She was always having fun with us; camp outs, parties, etc. We were always laughing. My mom gave a wonderful tribute, a letter to her mom. She had read it to Grandma a few years ago and Grandma had said it was the nicest thing anyone had even said about her. The service closed with some kind words by the pastor.
I just wanted to write down a few of these memories so I can keep them close. It was cold and rainy at the cemetery, but as soon as the pastor started to speak, the church bells rang out! We then went out to eat and reminisced about stories of Grandma and Pa, pretty much all funny!
I really miss her a lot. I feel sad almost every night and cry. She was a wonderful person!

No comments: