Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Beach

We have braved the beach with Frankie a few times this summer, so far! I have always LOVED the beach and ocean. I went to Wildwood, NJ, as a kid, every summer with my family. The ocean, waves, sand, rides, salt air, fried fish, I love all of it! We started going to Falmouth, Cape Cod when lizzy was a baby and really enjoy that too. Since Frankie has been born the beach has been a bit more of a challenge. The sun bothers his eyes, and of course the thought of sunburn. But last weekend we went to Dennis, Cape Cod, and we went to the beach twice. We got there on Friday and went to the beach later in the afternoon, around 4:30. I think it was a much better time to go as far as the sun goes. I felt a little more relaxed that the sun was not as strong. Frankie still stayed under the umbrella, but had a great time and loved the sand. Lizzy, like me, loves everything about the beach! She loves to swim in the waves most of the time! We went another day and brought along a sun shade tent. Frankie enjoyed being in it and had snacks in there and dug in the sand. We didn't stay too long, but it was an enjoyable time!

No comments: