Sunday, August 22, 2021

College Drop Off

We drove home in a hurricane today from Cornell; dropping Lizzy off for her sophomore year at Cornell! It was so nice this year, the only Covid restriction was to wear a mask indoors. (Much better than freshman year, "drop your child off at the curb with 2 suitcases and drive away.", they said.) This year, we were able to go in the bookstore, the coolest library, walk around campus, move her into her townhouse! I love the townhouse and the bustle of the students and parents on campus. Seeing everyone walking around and going into buildings was exciting. :) Then why do I feel like something is mising right now? Because I am home and one of my children is 6 hours away. I know she will have a great year; she has great roommates, boyfriend, friends, classes, clubs, a job; but this letting go is one of the hardest thing I have done. It's part of life, I know, but I miss her. And I feel guilty saying that because people in Afganistan are trying to get their families to safety, their lives depending on it! So I do feel thankful, I know I truly am. But maybe I'll still let a tear or two run down my cheek.

No comments: