Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Poem

Cancer is like a rainstorm; sleet, downpour, snow, hail and drizzle. Never knowing the next place it will take you. Unexpected, shocking, the pit in the bottom of your stomach that makes you feel sick. The feeling that you are always going to be in pain and always have to worry. Fear, uneasiness, dread, queasiness, sinking feeling. When will I feel better? When I do feel physically better, when will the turmoil and fearful emotions go away? Will I be the same? Will I look the same? I will have a new normal to get used to. Life will be different as a cancer survivor, good days and bad days. I guess I will get used to that with time. Moving forward, volunteering and helping other cancer patients. Survivor, warrior, kicking cancer to the curb.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The posts on this blog from when we were little are so cute! I was a fun kid haha

Susanb said...

Thanks Lizzy!