Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hot Chocolate

Frankie had a session with his O&M teacher today. Cold as it was, they bundled up and walked from Starbuck's, crossed at the crosswalk, (using his cane) and walked to Dunkin' Donuts. They came back to meet Lizzy and I at Starbuck's to order hot chocolate. Frankie used his monocular to look at the menu boards; first finding "tea" and then "hot chocolate". I was struck by a few things. First, he was able to read the words on the menu, yea!! Second, he needs the monocular to see the menu. I just had never thought about him going into Starbuck's when he is older and having trouble seeing the menu. Of course, it should be obvious to me, but I just never thought about it. Sometimes there is just so much to think about it is overwhelming! He did enjoy his hot chocolate as he gulped it down.

No comments: