Sunday, May 8, 2011

Kindergarten Orientation

On Friday, Frankie and I went to Kindergarten orientation! I remember going 4 years ago with Lizzy, with Frankie in tow in his stroller, throwing Cheerios on the floor. : ) Really does not seem that long ago!!

He was excited to go and lined up with the other kids to walk to the classroom, while the parents went to the library. He looked so small to me, still my baby. : ) But he went right along happily. When we did go to the classrooms, he was happily playing with 2 other boys in teh block area. He was talking to them and the teacher, initiating play with them. Makes me so happy, he has come so far socially!

We then got a tour of the school; library, other K classroom, lunchroom, gym, etc. Finally we got to go on the bus and look around. He had been on the day before with his O&M teacher, so he showed me where he would sit, and the emergency exit.

Great visit, but I know I will be sad to see him go off to school, come September!

No comments: